Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Rant ( You've been warned)

Well, it's been quite a day.
I should be excited and happy about seeing S tomorrow.
Instead, I'm frustrated and upset.
My ex refuses to acknowledge that he is not in charge any more.
His attorney sent a letter to my attorney about a child's basketball league.
Hello? We are already divorced, remember? What are the attorneys going to do about it other than charge us $200 an hour to write letters back and forth?
I asked him if he had money just laying around to throw away on that bs and he just mumbled something about his parental "rights" and how I'm severing the kids ties with the community becuase I don't want them to play in a basketball league this winter.
I forgot to pick up DD #1 at band practice. Completely. forgot. I don't see her very much at all (her choice) and I have been running like crazy all week trying to get caught up on school work and take care of projects and midterms. She called me as I was on the way home from my test, after a friend's Mom brought her to my apartment. She was not very happy. I took dinner home, then had to run another errand before I had to take her back to her Dads. She was in trouble with him, and usually when she's in trouble, she'll start on the "Mom doesn't love me" kick to divert attention from her own misbehavior. So after she "vented" to Dad, she called me to tell me that I treated her like dirt under my feet. I spent the next half hour on the phone setting her straight. The fact is, I have been giving her what she says she wants. I have allowed her to have her way, I haven't compelled her to spend time with the boys and I. So before, when I was making her go with us, she was mistreated, and now that I don't make her she's mistreated. I can't win.

I paid off all the attorneys this week- finally. I had hoped that would be the end of it, but since the ex still feels the need to write to his attorney about every little thing, I guess I may have to keep mine around. I told my attorney and the GAL that my ex would not "settle down" after the divorce was over, he would only get worse w/o the court looking over his shoulder. He is such a jerk.

I'm leaving town tomorrow. S and I are taking a weekend trip. Any more days like today and I might not come back!

2 comments:

Trop said...

Enjoy your weekend away. If ever anyone needed time away, it's you. Travel safely. Hugs to S.

yankeegirl said...

Thanks Trop. Hope your weekend is relaxing and fun.