"... it is easier to overcome people's judgments than to overcome our own self-judgment, the fear we internalize." -- Arianna Huffington in Newsweek.
She said this in an article about women and power. She said something else that struck a chord with me as well. She said that it was so important to her that her Mom believed in her and made her think anything was possible. She made her believe that she could shoot for the stars and that if she failed, her Mom would still love her and accept her for who she is/was. This strong influence of her Mother and encouragement even when others discouraged or disbelieved helped Ms. Huffington get where she is today. I don't know that much about her, but I think these sentiments are profound. I know the first quote is so true in my life. S has helped me to see that in a lot of circumstances in the past, the biggest obstacle to my success was me. I'm trying really hard to change that mindset in my life and make sure that ds#1 & 2 never have that damn doubting voice in their heads.
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment