Monday, October 01, 2007

Rest in Peace, GH

My day started this morning when my boss called and said not to come into work because a semi had knocked down the power lines around the office and they weren't letting anyone in. Cool! extra time to catch up on school work, or so I thought.

I had just hung up with my boss when my cousin's girlfriend called informing me that my cousin was near death. He had been in the hospital for a few weeks and in very poor health for some time. I had been to see him on Friday afternoon and actually spoke to him then. He wasn't awake/alert/aware too much after that day. He was extremely overweight and his body just gave out. He was a sweet, sweet man who had a lot of talent that I am sorry to say never got used to it's full potential.

If dealing with a death isn't enough, family things mean dealing with "family", who seemed to have a distinct preference for my ex over me. My Aunt ( the uber christian) who when told her son was dying and to call me and my sister to see about staying with one of us, called my sister and my ex instead. and MY sister, who invites MY children and my EX to family functions. (and doesn't invite me) I just went down there today for my cousin and my brother. My brother will probably tell them all where to go before it's all said and done.

On days like this, I wonder what I am doing here, 700 miles from S. I never ever want to wake up in a hospital bed looking at my "family". They are only there for you as long as you agree with them.

1 comment:

gagirl0721 said...

Oh, family is not so bad. Your brother was sweet to you wasen't he? You are there because it's where you belong right now. Can't believe I'm saying that. Anyhow- I'm glad you faced your sister to show her that you are happy and proud of your choices and life is just fine with your "eggs in one basket" as she would say. I don't want her to think she gets to you.