Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Filling in the Blanks

In case anyone is lost-

I made my ex husband aware that I was planning to move to Jacksonville this spring and take my youngest son with me. He proceeded to ask a court for a restraining order against me and for full custody of all my children. He also wants me to pay him child support. My 16 yr old daughter hates me and is already with her father full time. This is definitely a low point for me.
My oldest son does not want to move, he seems to want to move in with his father permanently. (His father also happened to give him his own room and buy him a golf membership this summer) My youngest son, P wants to be with his mommy wherever I go.
The judge granted the restraining order so as of right now I can't leave the state with my youngest. The custody hearing was also set for the end of August- of course not in time for me to start school.
I filed papers asking for the judge to lift the restraining order and/or move the custody date up. His decision is what I am waiting on.
Yesterday, a new school accepted me so now I have a new option. Even if the judge does not lift the restraining order I still have a chance to attend law school this fall.
While I'm waiting I am trying to work on both my case( my boss is my lawyer and my ex's lawyer is frequently sending us threatening faxes) and my boss's other cases. I'm also trying to finish three classes I failed to finish last quarter and pass two new classes. I have 5 weeks left to finish them all and say goodbye to Ohio U. I also have to find a new place to live hopefully close to this new law school. Oh and I have until Aug 1 to do all this and pack and move.
I'm stressed and exhausted but what a ride.
I know Cinci is not Jax but it has its advantages.

4 comments:

eb said...

Wow, that's a lot of shit to deal with. At least you have a plan. When you say, "...but what a ride" that's a healthy way of looking at it. Because one day (hopefully soon) you'll be able to look back and be damn glad it's over. Good luck with the judges' decision. I'll send good vibes your way.

yankeegirl said...

Thanks eb, I need all the good vibes I can get right now! :)

SassyFemme said...

Okay, now I get it. Shit, you really have your hands full. I'm really glad to hear that you've got another option for law school. Keeping good thoughts for you.

Brighton said...

Oh girl, that is a full plate.
Sending good ju-ju your way...