Sunday, June 15, 2008

Graduation Day



Graduation day was really fun! It was great to see my classmates one last time.
My kids were there and some very dear friends took time to come through a bad thunderstorm to see me graduate. It was really nice to have someone there cheering me on. When I graduated in '06 it was just the kids and the ex brought them, so that was, well, awkward.

The speeches were on typical graduation themes- but several of them spoke to my heart. One speaker spoke of finding the courage to pursue your dreams. Another talked about confidence and how it has to come from within.

My friends M & J went all out for me. M brought her camera and took lots of pictures. They bought flowers and a cake and after the ceremony the kids and I went back to their house and had pizza.

S was ok with not being there till the day came, and then she was sorry she missed it. It couldn't be helped, job obligations made it impossible for her to come. I hope to have ONE MORE graduation in me and have my whole family there.

I'll be lonely this week- all the kids are gone on vacation with their Dad. I really miss them and I just sent them off yesterday :(

4 comments:

Trop said...

I reckon you didn't like wearing your cap?

Yippie skippie! Congratulations!

yankeegirl said...

I had just been outside and it started to rain- I took it off because I had pics and stuff on top. When M sends me the pics she took I'll post one w/ the hat.

Lynilu said...

Congratulations, and best of luck in the next level!

SassyFemme said...

Congratulations!!!!!