Sunday, March 16, 2008

A great weekend

I have spent today trying to focus on schoolwork. After having a sweet visit with S, it's hard to get back in the routine.

She lights up my life for a few days, and then she has to go back south. It's been getting harder and harder to be apart.

She brought a new futon cover and bought some artwork to hang in my dining area. She is just sweet that way- always trying to make our home more comfortable and inviting.

It's hard to be here today without her after having her all to myself yesterday. I keep expecting to see her come out of the other room to sit down next to me.
We both need the visits to keep us going and I wouldn't trade one minute of our time this weekend. The hours and days after we say goodbye are some of the hardest in my life right now.

3 comments:

Syd said...

Awww, man. That sucks.

I hope you got your work done today, despite your loneliness.

SassyFemme said...

What Syd said...

Lynilu said...

Long distance relationships are so hard. I think the emotional roller coaster can either help to build an unshakable foundation or tear it to shreds. If you keep your eyes, heart and mind moving forward, I think you'll get there, and it will be worth it. Yeah, it will. :)