Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Syd, I think you missed your calling

I was browsing the news page yesterday and came across this story

http://www.alexfoundation.org/

Some woman bought an African Grey Parrot while she was in college and she spent the next 30 years getting paid to study "avian cognition". It said the bird could count to six, understood the concept of zero and had a vocabulary of 40 or so words.

Now I know, this bird was smart, but I'm sure his vocabulary isn't nearly as colorful as Pepe's.

Tell me people, where can I get a job like this? This woman found a pet she loved and turned it into a paying job. Do you think anybody will pay me to spout off useless facts about the Civil War, 70's TV trivia, or American politics? Maybe I should just develop an affinity for some type of laboratory animal....

2 comments:

Syd said...

Did I tell you that Pepe fell off his perch a couple months ago...in front of 3 nephews...and said "Oh, fuck!"?

yankeegirl said...

roflol! What he could do for the field of "avian cognition"!