Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A worthy cause

One of the last things I did summer quarter was a speech about girls as young as six years old being sold into slavery in Nepal. There's a great organization out there that is trying to do something about it- the Nepalese Youth Opportunity Foundation.

I really enjoyed my speech class. It's not that I'm that great at public speaking, I'm not. It was small, about 7-8 students. Very divergent group. I heard speeches on everything from vampires to banking to Mormonism. It made things interesting.

I took 3 short term courses this quarter- I wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't seem like you have a chance to settle into a routine before it's over. Time management is not one of my strengths, though, so maybe others would handle it better.

I'm up late with my third grader doing homework. My DS#1 is already in bed. He is going on a very cool school trip tomorrow. I have to have him at the airport at 5:15am. He is going on an "Arts" trip to Chicago. They are staying at a swanky downtown hotel, going to a baseball game, a dinner cruise, seeing blue man group, the Field Museum, etc. etc. Man, I wish I was going.

No comments: