From the court reporter taking your divorce deposition: "This is the most interesting deposition I've ever taken." Thankfully she didn't say this to my face or I'd have had to mess her up. She told my lawyer later.
From your stbx:" I could put 3 or 4 things (pieces of information) out there and ruin you" Yeah, spyware is a be-yotch.
From your new boss: "Your husband's attorney just called me" Day 3 on my new job. Nice.
From your attorney after a whole day of negotiation: "We have twenty minutes to write this down (the whole custody arrangement) or the judge is leaving"
From your attorney after your divorce case is settled: "Sorry" (see above)
From the financial aid office at your new school: " You filed as married? who told you to do that?" (THEY DID!!!)
From your youngest son's teacher: "Your son accidently threw away his retainer at lunch today" (he'd only had it for 6 days)
Those are a few of the recent happenings in my world, Thankfully, there have been a few things I did want to hear as well, or I might not be sitting here. Things like:
From my sweetie: "I love you", "I'm so proud of you", "I can't wait to see you", "Hello wife"
From my oldest son: "Kinko that" translation : "I love you". He's too cool or too shy to say the actual words, so I always get "ditto" or "Kinko that" when I tell him I love him.
From my youngest: "Sit next to me, Mom", "When do I get to go to your house?", " Awww Do I have to go to Dad's?" I know this probably sounds awful, but after what they've been through and the trials I've had with the oldest, it's music to my ears that at least one of them still wants to be with me.
What things do you like to hear or not hear?
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Oh my God I could tell you stories! My divorce was going on at the same time David Westerfield was on trial for the murder of Daniel Van Dam. Court TV provided gavel-to-gavel coverage. And there were moments when my divorce proceedings were far more scintillating than Westerfield's trial. That's what happens when a schizophrenic acts as his own attorney.
Wow. I don't envy you that, Trop. My STBX is an ass, but he at least hired another ass to represent him.
Okay, I came over from Sassy's blog....I'm lost. Fill in the blanks!
Maggie :)
Maggie- Thanks for stopping by. I haven't filled in all the blanks on purpose. The divorce isnt final yet and I don't know if the stbx has found this blog yet.
Short version
Left a long term marriage
3 kids
In love with my best friend
in college full time and working part time
I started reading blogs sort of as an escape- ask Sassy- she thought I was some kind of cyber stalker because I was checking her blog more than she was, lol
Anyway, not too many IRL friends anymore because of my situation, but I love to read about my cyber friends, Sassy, Trop, Syd, Caroline, et al.
Got it! Not a problem. Thanks for the heads up. :)
Whatcha studying? I'm going to grad school this upcoming school.
hey ...i also stopped by from Sassy's.
Thanks for the recap (I was also trying to fit pieces together)
good luck.
stay strong.
and when you need a laugh...just read Syd :)
Maggie- I graduated in 12/06 with an Associate's in paralegal studies. I just finished my last quarter at the local community college, and I'm starting this summer at the local branch of Ohio University pursing a BS in Communications. My dream has always been law school. I'd love to go, but I'm getting a pretty late start and a lot will depend on how long it takes to finish my bachelor's. What are you studying in grad school?
Weese- thanks. I always check Syd when I sign on. It's a great way to start the day, LOL
Kinko that? Okay, that's a new one. I haven't heard the kids around here using that one, yet.
I like Kinko That.
Wow, you're going through some bullshit too. Keep your head up girl!
Post a Comment